Sunday, April 11, 2010

She has... a mullet

Olivia does not like to have her hair touched. She will agree to pony-tails, but only after giant crocodile tears have fallen. So when she got out of the bath, curled up in my lap, and let me pull on her hair - I was stunned. Obviously Olivia's hair is curly, but it's just baby curls. Her hair has never really been cut, and we know once we do, her hair will be straight. So I'm putting it off.

But while I was pulling on her hair (seeing if I could get it to dry straighter then the springy curls she gets straight out of the bath) I had the notion to try to use a straightener on it. Got the straightener hooked up in the study (where we were watching tv), got Olivia back up on my lap, and started straightening. After two swipes, Olivia was trying to get down, but once I told her it was making her hair nice and shiny, she stayed put. Child of my own heart... we love some shiny hair.


straight hair 1

straight hair 2

straight hair 3

straight hair 4

straight hair 5

If her hair were all one length, I'd love it. But it's not. So it's a mullet. I cut Claires hair in the first place to avoid mullets. Thankfully, a little misting of water in the morning, and the curls will be right back.


Photobucket

No comments: