Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ohio State Fair 2009

I know, I'm behind again... and I'm sorry for it! But I have some great stuff to show, and I'm very excited about it!

But until they're ready....

We went to the Ohio State Fair last Sunday. Saturday night, both Tim and I spent forever trying to get our wagon into the trunk of the rental car. Turns out that while the car (and its trunk) is significantly bigger then our totaled '03 Civic, the opening to the trunk is very very teeny tiny. Funny that our even smaller '95 Civic fit the wagon almost comfortably.

213 of 365: better bring a long the wagon
213

Tim and I joked that we would have to carshop with the wagon, just to make sure it fit in our next vehicle.

Sunday was Fair day, and I was pretty excited. The girls love animals, so I figured it would be a hit. Olivia's on this big kick of pointing out flags to us (stems from the Fourth of July) So like every car ride, on the ride there, Olivia yells out every time she sees a flag. And when we walk in, she's pointing out all the flags. Then she see's this...

funnel cake stand

and she literally sighs and says "Mommy, there's just so many flags"

But we loved the animals... the baby cow and the sheep were big hits. We had a few melt downs, but not too many.

baby cow - born the night before
cow

Claire at the sheep pen
214 of 365: farm girl
214

Olivia managed to completely surprise Tim and I. She tends to be very tentative about new things. She talks a big talk, but when it comes to actually doing the new things, she tends to back down. So we walked past the pony ride. I always feel bad for those ponies... five little things tied up to a circle, not able to go anywhere... just bums me out. But I wanted Olivia to see the ponies, because she's really into horses lately. So she runs up to the ponies and yells "I GET ON NOOOOW!" I think she saw the saddles and knew she could ride them. We figured, what the hey, it's only three dollars, might as well give it a try. Buy the ticket, give it to Olivia, tell her to go to the man manning the gate. She runs off without us, gives the man the ticket. He plops her on a horse, tells her to hang on, and then walks away. And she rides!

Olivia horse riding 4

Olivia horse riding 3

Olivia horse riding 2

Olivia horse riding 1

I'm just so proud of her!!

Photobucket

No comments: