Sunday, October 12, 2008

Going to the farm

Last year, some time in October, the family went to Circle S Farms, and we loved it so much we decided to make it a tradition. Its a great farm with tons of pumpkins, animals, and a barn full of hay.
Last year Olivia was only to the 2 and 1/2 foot mark on the pumpkin.
Just like last year, Olivia found the roosters that were roaming around the farm. This year, though, the roosters actually flew to get out of her way. She's gotten quite a bit faster!
The wind storms pretty severely damaged the sunflower crop, which was a little sad. The corn husk maze still makes me nervious, so even though we could see across the sunflowers, we went for that maze instead.
My favorite shot of the day was at the very end, and I didn't even take it. I had complained to my husband earlier in the week that I had zero pictures of me nursing our youngest. I have quite a few of Olivia and I that I had taken by myself, but I'd just hadn't had the opportunity to do that with Claire. When we got back to our car at the end of the trip, I had a quiet moment with Claire before leaving, and my husband was sweet enough to capture it for me. <3

No comments: