Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hoover Dam

I had a session with Rhonda this past Sunday at Hoover Dam. I used to go to the dam a lot as a kid, and ate lunch there every day my senior year in high school. It was just a place I enjoyed going to. I was shocked at how low the water was. The dam was low even when I was in high school, but never this low. Once upon a time, there was water pretty much from that street to the other side, so that there was just a tiny strip of land showing.
While walking across what used to be under water, this groundhog sauntered his way in front of me. Kind of freaked me out, really


And someone was feeding the geese while I was taking test shots. I love how the seagulls swarm in to steal bread.

1 comment:

Luv2fishpink said...

Heather, the reason Hoover is low is that the water is used for drinking water. They drain it every year at this time. Just ask Uncle Bud, this is where he fishes every weekend. It will be back to normal in the Spring.

Aunt Tricia