Saturday, October 25, 2008

a pirate says "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Every year, I buy a zoo pass. We don't go too terribly often, but we're guarenteed to go twice a year.. and according to their propaganda (and math,) thats enough times to go for the pass to pay for itself. We always go to see the Holiday Lights, and we always go to Boo at the Zoo.

I'm one of those weird moms that loves to make their children match. I think it stems from my hatred of being matched to my sister growing up... but dang-it if its not cute as heck. This year, Olivia is a pirate. She'll proudly tell you exactly what a pirate says if you ask her. She spent the entire zoo trip running, so I don't have the best of photos of her costume just yet. But she had so much fun.


In an effort for matching, we had Claire go as a parrot. Apparently, there's a shortage of parrot costumes in the market right now. But lucky for me, Parents magazine had an article on how to make a no-sew one (its essentially a poncho and a tail) I sewed mine, just because I know how destructive my children are (yes even the little one.) She was pretty dang cute.

And because I can't leave him out - my nephew Aiden was just adorable in his Tyrone costume!

1 comment:

Jess said...

OMG! I LOVE the pics! Especially the ones of Claire all passed out! :) Precious!