Monday, January 5, 2009

Claire in her winter coat

I have a tradition that I started with Olivia, and have continued with Claire. With Olivia, I take a picture of her in my wedding dress around her birthday. I think I saw it originally from another photographer who was on Oprah, and swore I would do it with my kids. Since Claire and Olivia are almost 18 months apart to the day, I take Claires picture in the wedding dress around her half birthday.

Since Claires birthday is in December, photographing her in the dress then would be cruel. Instead, her yearly photograph is in my nice winter coat (which unfortunatly, due to having children, is a tad too small for me right now.) My plan is to take half birthday pictures of Olivia in the coat as well, but she wasn't cooperating today. I'll try again soon though.

Since not everyone has seen Olivia's pictures in the past, I'll post those too.

First Claire in my coat. Always one long shot, and one closer up.



And Olivia at one year, and then two years:

And finally, Claire at 6 months


1 comment:

Angela said...

I was looking around your blog today and found this entry. I have to say that I love this idea and may even have to start it with my little one. I love these shots and know that they are going to be treasures for years to come. Look forward to seeing more of your work!