Saturday, January 17, 2009

playing catch-up, and confessing

I have had a really long work week at my real job, which has put the photos on the backburner. My boss was off all week, along with another coworker, and so I had a lot of their responsibilities added to me. Add to that the fact that most every night this week has dipped below the zero degree mark (I work about half my time outside) and yeah... in general I've spent all week cold, stressed and sleep deprived. On with the catch-up.

So on the first really bad day, I tried to cheer myself up by listing out the good things that happened that day. It took a while to think of stuff, but it did make me feel better.


Then a message board I belong to was playing a game of photoshop tennis (essentially one person starts by posting a picture, and then each following person adds something to the picture... some pretty interesting stuff comes out of it.) The photo running right now is of all the photographers playing - so I took a new picture of myself. Straight after work, so I'm looking pretty grungy... thank God for the camera in front of my face!


Olivia's new quirk she's developed is to hide her platypus. I think she wants myself or Tim to hunt him down, kind of like her own hide-and-seek... but sometimes we actually can't find him. Of course it was right at naptime this paticular day. No, the platypus you see in the picture is not the right platypus. He's fuzzy pus. He's sub-par. We ended up finding the correct platypus shortly after taking the photo... in a shoe box.


Day 16 will forever be a dark day. It was the day I didn't take a photo. I had intentions. I promised Tim that I would go to bed before 1pm that day... I had been going to bed later and later all week, but getting up earlier and earlier. By Friday, it was definetly taking a toll on me. So I promised myself that I would take a photo when I woke up before going to work. I woke up, I set something up to photograph... and somehow I didn't do it. I don't know how I forgot that I hadn't done it yet, but I remembered when I was on the interstate at 11:58pm that I hadn't done it. Yeah I could fake it and take one, but I would know, and I'd rather just be honest. So instead you get the dark day photo.


And finally, my stepmom got Olivia this duck that claims it grows 100% larger when wet. Well 100% sounded like a ton to me - rather impressive! The packaging said the bigger the glass of water, the better, and that it could take up to 10 days to grow to its whole potential. Twenty days and a giant glass tub later, and the duck is bigger. But not impressively big. It'll shrink back down once it dries out, so I'll take some pics then for comparision - but for right at this moment, I'm unimpressed.

No comments: