Friday, March 13, 2015

It can't really have been four years..... could it????

Easter of 2011 was my last blog post?!  That can't be right!  It doesn't feel like it's been that long!

But alas, it has.  I took a break.  A hiatus.  A vacation (where I didn't go anywhere.)  I went through a divorce.  I changed jobs (a couple times.)  I discovered single parenting.  It's been a wild ride.  And through it, I've felt like I've been missing something.

I stopped taking photos because of the divorce.  Everything that was fun just stopped being fun anymore.  I guess that happens to people pretty frequently, or so I'm told.  I'd been struggling internally with wanting to take photos again, and fearing that it would leave me feeling empty like it did at the end of my marriage.  I had a lot of random signs from the universe (if you believe in that stuff) that I should get back to what I loved.

So.... I started with the people who inspired me to be a photographer in the first place.  I picked up my girls from school, and took them to the field across the street, and hung out and took photos.  At first, it went a lot like this.....


Turns out, the 7 and 8 year olds aren't as easy to buy into photoshoots as the 3 and 4 year olds of yester-year.  But I managed to get them to sit together, and randomly Claire had this goop stuff that just fascinated us all (and grossed me out a lot)





Claire has become a ham when it comes to taking her photo.  Its HARD to get her with a "normal" face.  I had waaaaay more forced hard grins to chose from than her normal pretty smiles.  Killin me smalls!


Seriously though, that goop was disgusting



I pretty quickly decided not to try to pose the girls, and just let them be them.  Which meant we disolved into cartwheeling and doing handstands.  Olivia has gotten incredibly strong!



Claire, however.....


 She tries!  She just puts too much momentum into her handstands, and flings herself everywhere.  And she doesn't quite have the upper body strength that Olivia has yet.  But she's determined, so I'm sure she's close to getting it.

So a lot of the rest of our time was spent upside down.





I'm glad to be back to taking photos.  And back to blogging.  It's something that I love to do.


Everyone should get to do what they love to do, and I'm lucky that I even have the opportunity to.


Consider the long post with lots of photos an apology for being gone so long.  I'm back.


Photobucket

No comments: