Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Jenny jenny jenny

Jenny and I worked together at MedSpeed, and once she found out I was a photographer, Jenny had been asking for me to take headshots of her.  When I picked up my camera again, Jenny was my first call to get some much needed practice on.


I say much needed for a reason.  I decided to have exposure issues today.  I used to fall into this bad habit, where I tend to get excited when I shoot, and I don't pay attention to my meters when the sun changes.  When it comes to exposure, you have to pay attention to three things:  your ISO, your Aperture, and your Shutter Speed.  All have to be working in harmony to get a properly exposed shot.  If you take multiple shots in a row in the same lighting, and the first shot is exposed properly, the rest will be as well.  But once you change lighting, you have to check you meters.  If not, this happens


Dangit.  I only took two photos like this before I caught myself waay over exposing.  Still very sad, though, because I love Jennys expression in this one, and the other shots in this set up just weren't as cute.  Poo.  But we got a lot of great shots.  We joked it was like taking senior photos for adults.





I love someone not afraid of a camera, and Jenny loves herself a camera.  We started just laughing and joking around, and Jenny broke our emoji posing




Overall, I'm pleased. Still some cobwebs to shake off when it comes to shooting, but I'm so glad to be doing it again.  



Thanks Jenny for being my guinea pig!



Photobucket

No comments: