Tuesday, May 26, 2009

oh the bad choices we make...

Sunday was not the brightest of days in my household. I went to the gym for leg day, which tends to leave me sore for so so many days after its done. I wasn't sure if I was doing a photoshoot when I got home, and was kinda relieved to find out I wasn't. I mean, I was way sore. But when Olivia woke up begging to go to the park, good mom that I am told her yes. So many reasons that was a bad idea....

1. It totally and completely looked like it was going to downpour.
2. The park is at least 3/4 of a mile away, if not a full mile.
3. The kids don't walk there... I pull them there in a wagon.
4. Probably all combined, its 60 lbs of crap.
5. Oh yeah, I just minutes earlier got home from the gym from LEG DAY!

So I load the girls up. Of course I take my camera... I take it everywhere remember!

So here's the one photo of the girls I took right before we left
1

Olivia's obviously geared up to go... Claire is indifferent, but if one wants to do something, they both do something at this age.

So we walk. And walk. And walk. The good thing about the walk is half of it is through a very wooded area. I like those types of walks, which is why I'm fine with walking to the park. I am not so fine, however, when I see water droplets on the ground around me. Of course we are within probably 2 minutes of being at the park... and Olivia knows it. She could have cared less that the sky opened up and just downpoured upon us - she wanted to go to the freakin park!! And she cried about it the entire way back. (In an effort to preserve my camera, I did what any photographer would do... I shoved the thing down the front of my shirt, so that I had some weird protruding tumor thing from my stomach)

Poor Claire in all of this was a good sport. No crying. No freaking out. She did wave to the gaggles of neighbors who were on their front porch watching us when we turned down our street. Oh yeah, it was a shining moment for me, truly.

144 of 365: My poor little drowned rat
144

5

I never did get an after photo of Olivia... she was too busy throwing fits about the park *shakes head*

1 comment:

jupiternwndrlnd said...

OMG!! Look at that FACE! ;.;