Wednesday, May 13, 2009

showing off my green thumb

I love a good garden. I really do. However, I am terrible at keeping one up for myself. I have intentions every year, and by the end of the year, I just find myself admiring my stepmoms garden while trying to hide mine in shame. I think I'm fine with that too (I can't have it all, right?) But these two days, I dedicated to my green thumb.

127 of 365: Smells like Spring
The lilacs are fluroushing... so much so that I'm seriously contimplating buying another bush this weekend during our Aunt/Stepmom/Niece/Daughter/whatever plant-a-thon.
127

but lurking in the shadows of the beautiful lilacs....

128 of 365: Forbidden Forest
Oh yes, that folks is the murky depths of hell that I like to call the side of my house. The year we moved in, we pulled up the railroad ties that lined our garden, and just threw them there 'for the time being.' Five years later, my lovely and generous neighbors hauled them away practically without telling us when they hauled away an old stump that was a tree. At some point, I'm assuming we're going to need to tackle this scary and ouchy corner of our house... perhaps when little girls get big enough to do it for us... I mean help... help....
128

No comments: