Monday, October 19, 2009

finally getting somewhere

This is shocking (especially to me)... but after I click 'publish post' on this blog, I'll be just about up to October! Which means maybe, just maybe, I can start posting about days that are happening in the same month we're in now! crraaaazzy

269 of 365: you can't make me like it
I don't know why my girls hate baths so much. And I don't remember how I managed to get them both bathed without too many tears this day. Which is a bummer, because that could be useful information right about now.
269

270 of 365: smells like... pancakes?
Two years ago around the holidays, a box of candles broke at work, and the entire beltline smelled like pancakes. I found out where the candles were originally sold, and bought one for Tim. We burnt it about as low as you safely could, but didn't throw it out. Now with kids, we rarely burn candles. Karen suggested getting a candle warmer, and Aunt Ellie got me one for my birthday. I LOVE IT! I wasn't sure I would (honestly, before using one I thought they were kinda dumb) but they're so convienent, and no flame!
270

271 of 365: another ER visit for Claire
So the house was(is) clean, and I was in the living room picking up stray toys, when I hear Claire give out a scream. It's a normal 'Olivia hurt me' scream, but I always check on those, because she might actually be hurt. We meet up in the hallway... Claires head covered in blood. I mop her up, and realize the cut is pretty darn deep, and won't stay shut. Claire, trooper that she is, thanked me for cleaning up her head, and went off to play again with Olivia. I dressed myself and Olivia, and packed us up for the ER. Four hours later, Claire's glued back together. Tims concerned about scarring, but so far its healing really nicely. We think she tripped in the clean study (must not know where to step now that there's not a pathway) and hit her head on the base of our computer stand.
271
Photobucket

No comments: