Sunday, December 27, 2009

Has it really been this long!!?!!

Wow the holidays always get a little frantic for me, but I didn't realize it had gotten as bad as it had! For starters, from our family to yours, we hope you had a wonderful holiday! We're about to celebrate the new year - which means one big thing for me... 2009's 365 day project is almost done!! I can't hardly believe it! I say 2009, because I almost have myself convinced that I'll do a 2010 365 - this time focusing completely on portrature of my daughters. Almost. We'll see ;)

Until then, lets talk some more about New York, since I'm barely half-way through my trip! Tuesday the 24th!

So Tim and I started the day by going back to Times Square by ourselves. We wanted to see it during the day, and my sister (along with every single other person who lives in New York that we met) vowed not to go back there after showing us the once. I guess the crowding and the tourists are just no fun to people who live there. I equate it to going to Walmart for me.

We stopped at a bakery place and got giant cookies
Poor Tim and having me next to him all the time...
Tim cookie

At the center of Times Square, there's these giant red bleachers. We decided to eat our cookies there, and that way I could stand still and take pictures without getting into a local persons way.

Times Square 1

Times Square 2

Times Square 3

Tim times square

I attempted many times this trip to take pictures of myself. At this point in the trip, I was actually changing lenses, so I had the right one on to get the shot... only I manage to make myself look terrible every time I try to take a shot like this! I just don't know my angles, I guess. But I love how Tim looks, so I can just look crappy (heck, he looks like crap in plenty of pictures I take)
Tim and I times square

Broadway

Letterman

Lets see, from here we wandered around until we got to Central Park. Amazing park - if I lived in NYC, I could see myself hanging there in my free time. We didn't go to deep into the park (its actually really huge!) just stayed around the edge.

Statue when you go in
Central Park statue

Central Park statue 2

Two of my favorite parts of the park... 1. all the bedrock. I saw a dad with his kids (or maybe a manny? who knows!) letting the kids slide down the rock like a slide. So fun! 2. the buildings circling the park. I just loved looking up and seeing both the tree and the crowdedness of the buildings. Nice contrast!
central park 1

There was this kids park that we stopped at, and let me tell you, my kids would tear this park apart! Its just different levels of concrete... nothing crazy or out of this world, but everything a kid needs. I wish my kids could have been there for it!
central park 2

Poor Tim again
Tim central park

We ended up wandering to Rockerfeller. We didn't stay, because we knew we were going to come back, but I did get some shots of the tree all full of its scaffolding.
Rockerfeller tree

Rockerfeller skate

So after talking to my sister on the phone, we started our way to Grande Central Station. Jessica had told me when we first got in that some of the best times in NYC is when you get 'lost' and stumble upon things. That happened to us many times, and she's so right, its so exciting when it happens. I saw this from accross the street, and made Tim and I take a detour just so I could photograph it. Took FOREVER to get a shot without someone else in the picture (apparently lots of people put kids in the L... Tim wasn't about to get in for me... shocking LOL)
LOVE

We also passed by this really cool church, and I got my favorite shot of the day
328 of 365: hustle and bustle
328

details from the church
dragon

And Grande Central Station. Yet another thing that prior to seeing it, I was all 'ehh' about seeing it... but once there I couldn't believe I might have passed it up. Its so big and gold and and... grande! We actually ate dinner there (not in the expensive nice restaurants up top, but pizza named after Seinfeld characters in the lower levels.)

Grande Central 1

Grande Central 3

There's frescos on the entire ceiling, of constellations. Of course I took a shot of pegasis
Grande Central 5

Grande Central 4

And if I didn't already have a fav shot of the day, this would have been it.
Grande Central 2

Photobucket

No comments: