Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lets (finally) talk about New York!

So Tim and I went to New York for seven days. We stayed with my sister in Harlem, and we had a lot of fun and saw a lot of stuff! To make blogging slightly easier on my sanity, I'm going to post days at a time. So lets begin with day one!

NOVEMBER 21st - Saturday

So we arrived in NYC around 3pm. We got to my sisters apartment, dropped our stuff off, picked up her roommate, and went off to see Times Square. Apparently if you live in New York, you avoid Times Square with every ounce of your being. It's crowded, and filled with tourists. But Tim and I, being tourists, couldn't wait to see it. And let me tell you, it's a sensory overload! You come out of the dark subway station, and are just overwhelmed by lights. You practically don't even realize it's night time, its that lit up! I didn't take many pictures on this day, mostly because I was settling in, and also because I was getting frustrated with my camera (I'm not used to taking images at night) But here's my favorites.
random Times Square
Times Square 2

Times Square 1

the American Eagle building, which had no real walls - all the walls were LED screens
American Eagle

Hersheys Building
hershey building

giant lcd M&M outside of the M&M building
MM

Toys R Us giant Ferris Wheel, and the MLP cart
Toys r Us

ferris wheel close

325 of 365: CHRISTMAS!
Some mall we went into
325

My sister Jessica. Isn't she beautiful!
Jessica

There's definitely more to come - but this is at least a start!

Photobucket

No comments: