Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday in New York

I'm not going to lie - I'm getting overwhelmed from all my pictures of New York City. Mostly because we'd do so much in one day! It's just such a big place! But then, it would seem so small, because you could get everywhere by subway. Just weird.

Anyways... Sunday. Tim and I wandered around in the morning before meeting up with Jessica.

326 of 365: Changing the phone to NYC
326

When I say wandered around, on this day, we essentially just walked really slow to the theatre my sister works at. We weren't comfortable with truly walking around and getting lost yet.

One thing I found cool - the long term parking lots. In Ohio, its just a parking lot. With a dude who takes your money (or those mailbox looking things you add money into) Apparently in NYC, if they know that you're going to be gone for a long period (like all day) they put your car on this elevator thing. It makes it so the parking lot is actually 3 levels high, without actually making a parking garage.
parking lot

I was kinda surprised there weren't more pigeons around. And I was surprised they would not even remotely hold still for me. It's like they knew I had no food on me.
pigeon

We went to see the show 'Toxic Avenger' at New World. I liked it a lot (the guy that plays 'Black Dude' is hilarious) Tim found it loud... theatres never been his thing... he did like it otherwise. No cameras allowed in the theatre, but I thought the outside of it was cute.
New World

From the show, Jessica took us to China Town and Little Italy. China Town is one of my absolute favorite places in NYC. Sure, its mostly because I got a lot of cool props for like no money - but its was so neat!
china town

Lots of outdoor markets... full of fruits.. and fish *gag*
dead fish

Jessica took us to one of her favorite restaraunts. Got to love the random ingrediants (I had chicken)
menu

On our way to Little Italy, we kept running into what Tim and I dubbed the infamous 'Go wait don't go!' signs. It's not a photoshop trick - both lights would stay lit when the go part would come on.
walk dont walk sign

We had dessert at a great little place. There was a guy singing to us in the restaraunt. I took a picture of glasses for some reason.
little italy

Whats funny about Little Italy, is theres matr-di's (I know I butchered that hardcore) that wait outside, and offer you seating as you walk past. Jessica and I were walking next to each other when one man offered us a seat. We said we'd eaten already, and the guy looked to Tim, who was behind us, SNAPPED his fingers and said "You sir, your seat is HERE!" I about died laughing.

So this is where my memory gets foggy. I know this arch is famous and is called something, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is or why its there. But its pretty and probably historic!
arch

Photobucket

1 comment:

Andi @ Love Like Crazy said...

Washington Square Park Arch! Love that architecture....so jealous! <3