Thursday, June 25, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!

Finally!! Olivia's birthday party!! (For the record, I had planned to spend today just editting photos for me... no one else... just me....... and I fell asleep on the couch. >.< But I'm hoping that this weekend will be a lovely weekend with me bonding with my photos... so there might be a blog explosion) But back to Olivia's party!! So far every year, my sister-in-law and I combine Olivia and my nephew Niko's birthday parties. Their birthdays are only 2 days apart, so really it just makes sense to. We like to rent a local shelter, so that we can just bbq outside, and let the kids run. They love the running.

So I made their invite on the fly. Like literally unintentionally waited until the last minute, and then realized that I had 2 hours to make the thing and get it ordered, or we were going to have to just buy something. But I like what I came up with.

CARD

The day before the party, I made their cake. I'm not going to lie... I love making their cakes. Something about baking, I just really like it. Must have some of my grandma in me or something (though I don't remember her as the birthday cake baker type... more just a general wonderful baker)
157 of 365: Let there be Cake
157
The actual day of the party, like always I didn't really take all that many images. I don't really know how to describe why I don't like to photograph my own events. Maybe it's because I get sad that I'm not in any of the images. Maybe it's because I'd rather just enjoy the moment, then have to worry about capturing it. Maybe it's because I'd just like a day off from it. But in any case, I don't have a ton of images from the party.
Birthday Girl
134

Birthday Boy
148

A bunch of Claire (the balloons were a giant hit with all the kids)
Claire with Mickey

136

158 of 365: Loving my Aunt
158

Better shots of the cake
132

130

Grandpa swinging with Jacob
156

157
Tim took my camera while I was with Olivia for blowing out the candle. He did a very good job! I think it was one of the first times Tim used the camera out of auto mode and actually got successful images. I even think he made me look good :)
Waiting while Aunt Wendy lights the candles
160

Blowing out the candles
162

Contimplating how many pieces she wanted (turns out, two pieces)
163

Diving in
166

168

169
And when the party was just about done, Wendy's nurse came with her four kids. All of her kids are adorable, but her youngest has these eyes that are just unbelievable. I just had to capture them. So watery and pretty.

290

Wow, what a picture overload! I guess it's just me trying to make up for lost time. Sorry about that!!

2 comments:

jupiternwndrlnd said...

T_T my girl is growing up!!

some great shots! I love it when Tim takes your camera and we get to see you - hehe and Claire with the pig tails just KILLS ME! <3 <3 <3

music theory mommy said...

oh my gosh girl....the pic of olivia deciding how many pieces of cake she wants is a total heather look/expression! so funny!

loving the pics of your girls...i miss you guys!