Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lifes a Beach...

My Aunt Ellie suggested weeks ago that she take myself and the girls to the beach. I haven't been since I was a kid, and the girls have never been, so I loved the idea and was all for it. Haley and Aunt Sue came along for the festivities. Beware, I'm about to overload you with images!!

Where do I even start? Well we had to explain to Haley that we live in Ohio, a land locked state, and that when we say beach, we don't mean the ocean. We went to Deleware Lake, which is just more of Alum Creek, just further north then the majority of Central Ohio goes to. It was deserted! I don't know if that had more to do with it being Deleware Lake, or it being Monday morning, but we were all about it.

Haley and I spent most of the time swimming in deeper water. We would periodically come up to 'shore' to play with the girls, who were happily digging away in the sand. I was shocked they were ok with the water, let alone in it (these girls act like you're throwing boiling water over their heads when they bathe) but both girls were just thrilled to play in the water. Heck, Olivia is still a week later talking about the beach!


wClaire sand_1

wClaire sand 2

wOlivia sand 1

wOlivia sand 2

Whenever Haley would come up shore, she would play this kissing game with Olivia. Man those two love the heck out of each other.

wOlivia-Haley-kiss

Just look at that clear blue water... mmmmm hmmmmmm... nice
wOlivia and Haley water

I know I have major mommy goggles on here, but I love how Olivia's hair looked when she got out of the water
wOlivia sand 3

wOlivia sand 4

Claire got into this routine of grabbing sand from the higher area of the beach, bringing it in fistfuls down to the waters edge and throwing it into the lake. Over. And over. And over again. Aunt Sue insisted that while it may be a big task, she felt that Claire was up for the challenge.
w Claire storyboard

My fav image of the day
193 of 365: happiness
193

I've decided that that location would be amazing for some family photos, so if you're reading this thinking "Man I'd love some photos there" shoot me an email! I tried at the end of the day to take some images of the girls on the beach in dresses... so much went wrong... mainly being that I waited until the end. I should have done it right off the bat, when they were fresh and cooperative and not hyped on sugar and sun. But we'll try it again some time soon.

white dress 1

white dress 2

white dress 3

Shortly after getting home, I realized one terrible mistake that I made on that day. I sunscreened the heck out of the girls... both before we even left, and then right as we got to the beach. I put sunscreen all over the front of my body, but in my haste to catch up to the girls (who were already bee-lining it to the water) I ignored my back. And got the worst sunburn in my adult life.

194 of 365: a little sun never hurt anyone
194

Photobucket

1 comment:

jupiternwndrlnd said...

i love the beachy pics!! yay!
moving the beach into the ocean FTW!

and OMG SUNBURN!