Sunday, July 12, 2009

three little crocodiles

Okay I know this is stunning, but I'm not using any fireworks in my 365 day project. I know, I know... it just worked out that I liked two other photos better then the fireworks. Loved the photo of Claire on the third, and I love the story behind the photo on the fourth (which I'm writing about now)

So a first for me... the photo before the backstory...

184 of 365: three sisters
184


Okay, so knowing my luck, I'll butcher this story, and I apologize profusely to anyone who knows the story to a tee (I'm also sorry in advance to Jessica, who probably doesn't know anything about this, so I'm slightly spilling the beans)


I have two sisters: Jessica; biologically my sister for the last 25 years, and Haley; adopted sister who is much much younger then I am. She's also black, for those that don't know (I actually get asked a lot when people see photos of Haley if she's black, and I want to say "You are looking at a photo of her" ... but then I figure they're probably just embarrassed and don't know how to ask, since I'm white and she's obviously a lot younger and not white)


So Haley went on vacation a couple weeks ago to Universal Studios. Yes, I'm jealous. Anyways, while shopping at some gift shop, Haley came up to my stepmom with these three crocodile magnets, and asked if she could buy these for her sisters. Karen of course said sure, why not. I mean they are cute. And Haley says...


"Well, I want to get these for my sisters because look, that one is Heather, and that one is Jessie, and look I found a darker one for me!"


Come on, that's adorable... admit it! Whats funny in it all was that I found out because Olivia had gotten ahold of the crocodile magnets when we were over on the fourth. I was afraid she was going to break them, so I took them from her, put them up higher, and immediatly whined to Karen about how come I didn't have any cute crocodile magnets at my house!? Little did I know, it was MY cute crocodile magnet Olivia was playing with. Very cool!


THANK YOU HALEY!! LOVE YOU!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

jupiternwndrlnd said...

that's so cute! <3

Andi @ Love Like Crazy said...

Ok, so I teared up a little....that's so awesome!

(And the magnets are so cute...go Haley!)

music theory mommy said...

that is so sweet! :)