Tuesday, July 7, 2009

potty training, missing a day, and how I'm cheating

Okay, so we decided it was time to potty train Olivia. Tim and I had been stalling long enough. Really, I think when a kid can come to you and request a change of pants, they're probably old enough to potty train.

177 of 365: it begins
177

But in all the hustle and bustle of potty training... I missed a day. Now I'm not even sure how it happened... Tim reminded me... I reminded myself... really it was on my mind all day, but somehow I never got around to physically taking a picture on day 178. So I took two pictures on 179. Sure sure, its not the same, and everyone can hold it over my head that I've now officially missed two days in my 365 project - but really, this would have been the picture - or at least something similar.

178 (yeah yeah) of 365: I don't wanna
178

One of the tricks that was actually making Olivia actually use the potty was she would change her panties every time she sat on the potty. I mean every. single. time. We've since broken that habit, because frankly it was getting old, but it had a moment of cuteness.

179 of 365: panties panties panties!
179

I don't really know at what point you consider a kid potty trained. I can say that Olivia hasn't been in diapers (other then bedtime) in almost two weeks. And we haven't had any pee accidents in a long while (now poo accidents are a different story - but I think that has more parental blame then Olivia blame... she tends to be the kid who cried wolf when it comes to the potty, which makes us complacent) I can say that in the course of writing this specific blog, we have gone potty three times. Way to go Olivia!

Heather

2 comments:

Andi @ Love Like Crazy said...

Does this mean the colossal pee finally happened?! *falls out in giggles*

jupiternwndrlnd said...

pfft...who DOESN'T change their panties everytime the use the potty...gosh mom! *snickers*