Saturday, April 25, 2009

if only we could will them to win

The Columbus Blue Jackets made the play-offs for the first time ever this year. We've already lost our bracket... for those not in the know. Tuesday was the first home game, and just about every member of my husbands family went to the game. They're huge hockey fans. I can honestly say I knew nothing about hockey prior to meeting my husband, and now I know enough to yell at games (pretty good, huh.) Of course I took a zillion photos... here's just a few.

Tim before the game... he threw my hat on his head. He was complaining that he didn't have a hat with a bill, since it was raining.
003

see... rain
005

Every seat had a program, and a flag to wave
039

The center (I took this more for Olivia then anyone else... she loves the Jackets logo man)
019

we were actually backwards from the logo, so this is an actual shot from our seats. See, it says play-offs right there on the ice!
037

Tims mom just loves Tyler Wright (he played on the Jackets their first season) and apparently he was in a booth. They tell me this is him.
043

Stinger, the mascot, skated around with a shirt cannon before the game... Danny actually caught one (he gave it to me, since it practically came in a childs size)
149

Darcie and Aunt Bobbie had their faces painted
137
136

So, we pretty much knew we wouldn't win. We're just frankly not that good of a team. But we were hoping that the Jackets would put up a fight. It was very apparent by the second period that we just weren't going to. The boys... well... they were mad
167

I think Brenton wanted us to do well more then anyone else, and his face at the end of the game was just heartbreaking. So sad Brenton made my 365.

111 of 365: If only we could will them to win
111

No comments: