Saturday, April 25, 2009

the studio up til now

So the studio... is not done. But it is close. Unfortunatly there's no floor, so it doesn't even look all that close... but I'm told it's not going to take too much longer from here to finish it. Though now it is no longer spring break, and scheduling a busy junior with a busy working mom is atrocious. >.< But it will get done....

Friday... again
day of painting. And painting. And painting. That weekend, I painted the hallway Olivia drew all over, all the crown molding and the chair rail for the studio, and both colored wall areas of the studio. I got so close to done by Saturday... but not quite.

primed trim
D6 01

a finished chair rail
D6 02

I also decided to dye a backdrop, and it was drying on Friday outside. What I've learned from dying a 15 foot backdrop? It's worth it to just buy it done. :)

In a heap ready to go inside
D6 03

Saturday
More painting. And painting. And painting.

view down the steps
D7 01

two colors come together
D7 02

Sunday
Jeremy came over... and I still wasn't done painting! But he helped me sand the last bad areas on the walls, and paint up the last bit. We also went and bought the flooring... which turned out had to aclimate to my climate for three days. Who knew that!? So that's officially what slowed us down.
Victor showing off the chair rail
D8 01

with the crown in place
D8 02
It's a long process... but I'm just loving how it's turning out. And I can't wait for it to be done!!!

No comments: