Sunday, April 12, 2009

My nephew, and why I'm walking

On April 26th, I'm walking 5 miles for the March of Dimes. I've supported the March of Dimes for years... I think it started when I started working at FedEx, since they were a sponser of the organization, and had fliers around about the cause. I kept it up when my nephew was born.

Niko was born very premature. Under 30 weeks (I tend to confuse the actual week... I want to say 27 weeks, but I could very well be wrong on that)... He was a pound and an ounce or so, and only 11 inches long. About the size of a Grande Beef Burrito at Taco Bell. I believe this photo was taken when he was only a few days old, and he's holding onto his fathers hand.

Niko hand

If you would like to sponser me in my walk, go to http://www.marchforbabies.org/h1908700 and the page will prompt you on how you can support me.

No comments: