Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Going to make a studio

I can't believe I'm going to post this photo - but my own rules in the 365 day challenge (that I set for myself, dangit) state that I have to post every photo I use in the challenge... to keep me honest. So Day 42 here *winces because I know my family is probably going to yell at me*


So my basement is our junk room. I've gotten significantly better about clutter in the rest of my house, yet somehow the basement just gets piled up taller and taller with stuff. I think it's the 'out of sight, out of mind' effect. But I need a studio. Like... yesterday LOL! So my project is cleaning and gutting out the basement. It's actually laid out quite nicely for a studio, really. It's a long room, and then theres a smallish hallway that leads to a bathroom (which would make for a lovely changing room for people.) Our house also has a side door, rather then a back door, and that side door can lead you right into the basement - so potential clients don't even have to treck through my house (which I would enjoy.) I've enlisted the help of Tims cousin Jeremy... his dad is a general contractor (I probably have that wrong... sorry if I do) so Jeremy knows a lot stuff about this kind of thing. Plus he's looking for work to do, and I'm looking for help. When we're done, he'll probably be one of the first people who gets official portraits down there LOL!
So thats the before. I know it's terrible. *hangs head in shame* It'll get better. Karen, don't show Dad... he'll bring it up the rest of my life (not that you won't too LOL!)

1 comment:

music theory mommy said...

thats about how my studio looks now...sigh...it was great...the whole length of the basement...then willow happened and the office moved downstairs too...so all my stuff got crammed into half the space, and its still not organized again...and everything of mine that i dont have a "place" for gets put there at the moment...sigh...someday i'll have time to do art again and actually clean out my studio!

good luck with yours! i wanna come see it when you're done!!!!