Friday, February 13, 2009

The MLP Photohunt

Well I took the time to take all of the photos, and I'm pleased with how they came out. So I'm showing them off... regardless of the fact that there are My Little Ponies in the photos LOL! I'll post the steps so you know why I took each photo.

Step 1: Ponies at work/school. Let's see those ponies doing your job for you!
I can't bring a camera to my real job, so I went with my second job. I submitted two pictures, because I wasn't sure if I could include a photo with myself in it.


Step 2: Ponies at the playground. Your photo must include at least 1 adult and 1 baby.
There's the horse! Its cool, right!


Step 3: Ponies and food. Are they in the freezer? Or cooking? Maybe raiding the cookie jar? We'll see - as long as their symbol is food related.
This ponies symbol is popcorn... so she's going after the popcorn. Yeah, I'm that witty.

Step 4: Ponies and the mail! Lets see those G3's climbing a mailbox.
G3 refers to the generation of pony. There are three generations - the third being the generation out now. I primarily collect the first and second generation, but there a few G3's that I really like.
Step 5: Ponies go shopping. Are they window shoppers? Or maybe they like to ride in the cart!
It's steps like this that show who's playing for fun and who's playing for real. I have no shame in walking into Walmart with a camera and a pony, and taking my time setting up a photo. Last year there was a step where I had to set ponies in produce... waaaay more in the open then the card isle. Easy peasy man!
Step 6: Ponies on fire duty! I want to see your ponies on a fire hydrant or fire extinguisher!
I have a hydrant right out front of my house, but the surroundings are pretty ugly (ie: the bad neighbors house/car.) I wanted a simple plain background - so I actually went searching for this fire hydrant. Such a dork am I!!
Step 7: Ponies surfing the Arena. We all love it - so do our ponies! Gotta see the Arena on your computer.
The Arena is one of two rather large message boards that MLP Collectors go to (the other is the mlptp.com) The Arena is the one hosting this hunt.

Step 8: Ponies getting clean. Are they cleaning the house, or themselves? Who knows? Only you!
Hey I didn't write the steps, just followed them (could they be any cornier!?)

Step 9: Ponies with pets. Do your ponies like to go for a walk too?
Pet steps are the worst to me, because my pets suck at cooperating for anything. Luckily Jo was just lying around... maybe setting this up easier on me.

Step 10: Ponies dressed up! Maybe it's going out for dinner, or getting ready to trick-or-treat. Let's see those glamour (or horror!) shots!
Play with depth of focus on this one. I love that lion costume (yeah yeah, keep laughing... but I do! It's cute!!)

No comments: