Sunday, February 1, 2009

Olivia likes to bowl??

I'll admit, when we found out that a cousin of Tims birthday party was at a bowling alley, we were not excited. Don't get me wrong, I love to bowl... but I have toddlers, and toddlers don't typically enjoy the atmosphere of a bowling alley. I pretty much figured we'd make a brief appearance, drop off the card, and then have to run out. Little did I know that Olivia would actually enjoy herself, and cry when it was time to leave.

I took a whopping two photos of the event, even though it was cute as heck. Mostly because the bowling alley is incredibly dark, and I had to use my big flash... which is really really bright. I didn't think the actual real bowlers who take their games seriously would appreciate me blowing a giant flash their way.

Olivia spent most of the time on the linoleum right behind where you go to actually bowl. Every time the pins would drop, she'd scream "YAY!!!!!!," clap, and then yell "GOOD JOB!!! MY TURN!" Brenton and I eventually let her try to bowl. She had a six pound ball that she'd start rolling, and then I or Brenton would shove it harder so that it might make it to the end. One time when we weren't looking, Olivia picked up an 11 pound ball, and threw it down someone elses lane. And then tried to chase it. >.<

I think I need to take Olivia some time when we can bumper bowl. I'll have to bring Haley, and maybe some of Haleys friends. Make it an Aunt/Niece day. :)

No comments: